Vons Weekly Ad - Vons is Southern California and Southern Nevada supermarket chain owned by Albertsons. It is headquartered in Fullerton, California, and operates stores under the Vons and Pavilions banners. Prior to the acquisition by Albertsons, it is headquartered in Arcadia, California. Charles Von der Ahe opened wide 20-foot store named Von Groceteria in downtown Los Angeles, California, in 1906. The business has grown to 87 stores in 1928, when he sold the operation to MacMarr Store. MacMarr acquired by M.B. Skaggs' Safeway in 1930. In 1932, his sons Theodore and restart Wilfred Von Grocery Company.
In 1948, Von pioneering open stores that Vons Ad self-service, pre-packaged products, meat and deli items. By 1958, it had doubled to 27 stores, the third largest grocery chain in the Los Angeles Area  In 1960 acquired the sixth largest, competitor Shopping Bag, the merger was challenged by the Federal Trade Commission antitrust grounds. In 1966 the United States Supreme Court ruled against Von in United States v. Von Grocery Co. (384 US 270), forcing the divestment of the store, which eventually sold to Fisher Foods. Von der Ahe family sold the chain to Household Finance Corporation in 1969. In 1970, Vons has 128 stores, making it the Vons Weekly Ad and second largest supermarket chain in southern California behind Safeway.